Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

KITCHENAID COMBO WALL OVEN#KEMS308SSS04 ERROR CODE#F6E0

Customer Question

KITCHENAID COMBO WALL OVEN#KEMS308SSS04
ERROR CODE#F6E0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

That is a line pulse error.

Robert :

Did someone tell you to replace the harness and the lower oven part?

Robert :

The tech manual clearly states that you have to replace the control when you have this error. You replaced the User Interface by mistake. The control is also known as the "Appliance Manager" and is number 10 in the pic below:

Full Size Image

Customer:

The tech sheet that came with the unit gave that proceedure

Robert :

Weird.

Robert :

The interface just relays your options to the control board and the control board handles all functions.

Robert :

As long as all of the wiring is intact, that appliance manager is the problem.

Customer:

Thank you .I'll order that part and try it

Robert :

Would you like the part number?

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi

I installed part#w10119143;checked my connections and>no change ;same error code>f6e0.any other possibilities?

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

It would have to be in the between the board, the interface and the touchpad. The F6E0 code gives no other options on the repair. It states to replace the control only. Check that wiring, any ribbon cables and make sure that the everything is secure. If it still doesn't work I can put a call in to Whirlpool tech support and see if this unit is having this issue alot.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I'll recheck all connections.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only thing left is the touchpad,BUT....I'm not spending anymore money on this one.

:KNOW WHEN TO FOLD OUT

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
I agree. That unit is reading improperly and telling you something is wrong when you have already replaced the part that should be the issue. I am sorry it worked out that way for you and hope you will come back in the future if you need any other assistance.