Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

my firgidaire gallery ele. wall oven heat up fine after 15

Customer Question

my firgidaire gallery ele. wall oven heat up fine after 15 min. f3 code .I press cancel
reprogram nothing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
This is an error for an open tempt urge sensor. It is either a defective sensor or board. Do you have an ohmmeter to measure the resistance of the sensor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK. The sensor should measure 1100 ohms at room temp. If it does not replace the sensor, if it does replace the control. It looks as thought the sensor cable removed from inside the oven. Be careful pulling it out, sometimes you can unplug them if you pull to hard and if that happens you will have to pull the oven out of the wall to retrieve the plug. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

oven is in use at this time, do i wait until the oven is cool?

Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Yes. You will have to wait a couple of hours for it to get to room temp. Once you do, perform the test and find the defective part. Once you do, you can go to sears parts direct.com, enter your model, and order the part. The control board is the clock behind the front control panel.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

to remove the control pannel you take the two screws top plate.

Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Yes and on the bottom of the panel the should be screws. Remove power to the oven first as well.