Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport washer that quit woring last

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport washer that quit woring last pm. It was on the short wash cycle and I pressed the pause button to add a shirt. When I tried to restart the machine nothing happened. I have tried pushing the pause button twice to reset machine and have unplugged it from the receptacle for 10 min. The buttons all light up when I press the power button, but when I press the start button for 1 second, it beeps and all the lights go out. This happens no matter what cycle I am in. What can I do to get it going again. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like the control board has shorted. That should be replaced. How old is the unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Somewhere around a year. I can't locate my receipt from Lowe's.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK so it could still be under warranty of it is under a year. If you give me the serial number I can tell you for sure.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
It is just out of warranty, it was manufactured in the 24 week of 2010. Are you going to replace the part yourself? Do you want me to look it up for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it something we can do? If so, please look it up and let us know where to get it. Thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
You can order the part at the following link, it is item 6 on the diagram. To replace it remove the top panel by removing the three screws on the back that hold it in and push the panel off. The board sits on the right side. Just swap the plugs out from old to new and remove the old board.