Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

I have a Kitchen Aid Model KUDP01FL dishwasher that does not

I have a Kitchen Aid Model KUDP01FL dishwasher that does not drain completely when the final cycle is done. The overfill protection float is not stuck, and is floating. No drain air gap is present.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
How much water is left in the tub? Is it above the spray arm? Or is it lower than that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Lower than the spray arm.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Can you disconnect the hose Fromm the drain, put it in a bucket and drain out the water and tell me if it is a strong flow? It should flow out at about the same flow as a faucet that is fully open.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Weak flow, no real change. Flow has stopped.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK, either there is a clog in the hose or the filter is clogged. Have you taken the filter out yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, there are no instructions on how to remove the filter. Am getting my shop-vac to remove the water.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK. You will need a Torx (star shaped) screw driver to remove the filter housing. Do you have one?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think so...going out to workbench.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK. To remove the filter, unscrew the lower spray arm. Then remove the manifold tub that goes from the pump to the upper arm by pulling up on the tab where the tube connects to the lower arm and turning it to the right a quarter turn. Then remove the four Torx screws and remove the filter. Then you can clean that and the sump.