Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

my ice maker is stuck open

my ice maker is stuck open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
What part is stuck open? Are you talking about the flap for the dispenser? Do you have the model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i can't find my papers, is it on the refrigerator
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Yes usually in the refrigerator on a sticker on the wall or ceiling. If not there, then in the freezer. Can you describe more about what part is stuck open. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The ice box for the ice maker itself was stuck open, but my boyfriend just pulled it all the way out. Fghb2844lf4... Now that we pulled it out...there is a very large metal part that have fallen off and is sitting on the bottom of the ice maker box. it was blocking the ice maker.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK what does the metal part look lie?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its flat on the bottom and it has 6 cups that open up to the top
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
That is the ice maker. It hold the water where the cubes are made. How old is this unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
New, less than 6 months
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Best thing to do is call for warrant service since this is under a year old. To be honest, these ice makers have had a lot of problems, they were actually just redesigned. I would not recommend you go any further attempting a repair because you would void the warranty and they are difficult to work on.