Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kelvinator No Frost Fridge with top freezer model#TGK180AN. The

I have a Kelvinator "No Frost" Fridge with top freezer model#TGK180AN.
The fridge is cooling to 28 degrees and the temp control is set on #1, it's warmest setting. Freezer temp at zero degrees.
Replaced thermostat yesterday in fridge and also shut fridge off for 20 hours and opened doors just in case of ice build up from freezer.
Prior to putting in the thermastat in fridge when I first noticed fridge too cold I found that the freezer control had been accidently moved somehow to its coldest setting.My thermometer only goes to 20 below and it was there.I do not know how many days freezer was on coldest setting.
The freezer seems to be working normal now at zero degrees but the fridge after replacing thermostat is way to cold and its set at the warmest setting. Any ideas on what else could be problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

inside the freezer in the back middle there is a dial for air flow have you adjusted that? # XXXXX on this diagram.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't have anything that will adjust airflow in my freezer .The only thing in there is a box in the back middle that says freezer temp which is set on three which seems to be giving me a temp of zero in there which is good.

The airvents in the back -top of fridge are just open vents with no controls.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok, well what you think is the freezer temp setting in the back of the freezer is really a control that shuts the air flow down going to the refrigerator section which in turn adjusts the freezer temp. try this, put you hand over the vent in the refrigerator and adjust the control in the freezer, does the airflow cut down to the refrigerator section?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The box in the back of the freezer says on it "freezer temperature". I tried doing what you said and couldn't detect any airflow change in fridge but the vents on the sides of the freezer temp box up in the freezer seemed to blow harder when I turned the dial to colder.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay turn it all the way down the other way, this is the airflow to the refrigerator trust me, its stupid they way the word it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok 'when I turn it all the way up which is coldest to 9 it seems to shut off in fridge and blow harder in freezer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats what you need, it was to open to the fresh food section, stupid right ? the way they set these up, kinda backwards, let it run overnight and see in the morning. thanks Bryan