Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Frigidaire Fpes3085kf, Door Locked And Error F30, Help! Oven

Frigidaire Fpes3085kf, Door Locked And Error F30, Help! Oven Is Cooled

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

the F30 code is a bad oventemperature sensor (probe)

F30

F31

Open probe connection.

Shorted Probe connection.

1. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature & compare to *RTD Sensor resistance chart. If resistance does not match the RTD chart replace RTD Sensor Probe. Check Sensor wiring harness between EOC & Sensor Probe connector.

2. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature, if less than 500 ohms, replace *RTD Sensor Probe. Check for shorted Sensor Probe harness between EOC & Probe connector.

the part is only ten dollars but the oven needs to be open to replace it, its part # XXXXX on the diagram and sticks out of the oven back wall inside,the part # XXXXXNNN-NN-NNNNyou can order this @ http://www.searspartsdi rect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Frigidaire-Parts/Range-Parts/318562500/0022/628/Model-FPES3085KFD/1428/0124160?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=R1101074&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=0124160&searchModelNumber=FPES3085KFD&subCompDesc=Body&brandDesc=FRIGIDAIRE&modelDesc=ELECTRIC-RANGE&blt=11
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know this information. I don't know how to open the oven. I have turned the power off and left off for 15 minutes and turn back on oven is still locked, how do I unlock?
thats the biggest problem unfortunately, you need to make a hook out of a coat hanger and slide it in between the door and the oven at the top and hoof the latch to pull it over, its a pain. have you tried putting this back in self clean and then canceling to see if it unlocks, sometimes you cant because of the code.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have tried to re-enter clean mode and the code stops me. Which way do I need to sweep the coat hanger? starting from the left to the right or from the right to the left, and how deep do I need to get the hanger in there? Thanks!

right to left, you just need to get the coat hanger right inside between close to the door, this is you latch. you can see the part you need to hook. like I said this is tough to do but its how we do it, push in on the door slightly while trying to relieve the pressure on the latch hook.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan. I will give all this a shot. You have been very helpful!
your very welcome, I'm sorry this is so hard to do, its a pain, have a great weekend and thanks, Bryan