Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am trying to remove my GE Spacemaker Microwave (Model # XXXXX).

I am trying to remove my GE Spacemaker Microwave (Model # XXXXX). I have unplugged it and removed the front grill. I have noticed on the left side, I can bolt dropping down from the top cabinet, with a wing nut inside the case of the microwave. I can also see a second bolt, on the right side of the cabinet, above the microwave, however, I cannot see where the bolt drops into the microwave with the wing but due to an electrical panel that appears to be in front of the bolt. How do I access this bolt and is there anything else that I need to do to remove the microwave from the wall?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

open the cabinet above the microwave and you will see the screws that go down through the cabinet to secure the microwave, they are Phillip head, have someone hole the microwave in the front and take the screws out, then let the front drop down and lift the back off the back plate. it hooks on, then slide the whole thing out, this is the back mounting plate thats on the wall behind the microwave. the long screws in this picture are the ones that come through the cabinet inside.