Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My dryer wont run, its a magic chef model CYE2000AYW rev

My dryer won't run, it's a magic chef model CYE2000AYW rev 10 serial number 10805523YZ.
I have checked the power source, power cord, door switch the start portion of the timer knob and am confident that they are all right. I am reading very little resistance accross both the safety and high limit thermostats. According to my Readers digest appliance repair that makes them bad if they don't read zero cold. I'm having a hard time believing they both are bad. The motor appears to be good with very little resistance. Any suggestions to locate the problem?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

did you check the pink on in this picture on the side of the heater assembly ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes the pink high temp sensor an the blue safety thermostats both show very little resistance.

okay did you test the door switch?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is good.
and this does nothing when you press start? complete silence?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have it appart right now, but that is what it was doing was nothing, no noise at all of like a motor trying to start.
can you test power to the motor when you push start?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I will but it'll take me a moment to put back in the thermostats give me 15 minutes
okay, try jumping by the pink dot one, by pass it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay it's back together enough, I conneted the door wires together (front is still off) I have power at the connecter cannon plug with the timer on. I hooked up the cannon plug tried to start nothing. I have the pink dot wires connected and hit start, nothing.

sounds like the timer has failed. your start is the timer, what I mean is you push the timer knob in to start this correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a push to start knob but I get continuity on the red wire on the left side of the switch and the violet wire when the button is depressed, wouldn't attempt to start? any way to verify the timer?
I really cant tell by that but if you getting power to the timer and everything else you tested check out my guess is the timer is bad, these have contacts inside that burn.