Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our icemaker is not making any ice, and the signal arm is in

Our icemaker is not making any ice, and the signal arm is in the down position. Model KSSS48D. It has been working fine for 18 years so no reason that water is not getting to it. The freezer is working well.
We live in Redmond, WA.

Thank you,
Roberta
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

unfortunately on this ice maker there are no serviceable parts and it has failed, Main Product Viewin order to fix this you will need to replace it, A little secret though, if you remove your and bring it to Lowe's they have new replacements for $49.00, thats cheap ! they list for $112.00 on line, the replacement part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNbut they may have a different number for it, we use these all the time.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan,
This part looks different than what we have. Are you sure it will work in our model of Kitchen Aid?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes it will. this is the only replacement they make for your older refrigerator, they don't make the original.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan,
One more question, as I was researching the part you suggested I came across Aquafresh RIM 943 ice maker kit. Is one easier to install than the other or is there any difference? The price on the RIM 943 is less than the(NNN) NNN-NNNNpart. Which way is the best to go?
Thanks again,
Roberta
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean, I'll give you a little secret though, take your ice maker out and take it to Lowe's they sell whirlpool replacement ice makers for $49.00, they are whirlpool ice makers and that who makes Kitchenaid, bring yours with you and they will give you the right replacement, other than that the other two will work.