Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My washing machine is 1 month past a year old. The dl light

My washing machine is 1 month past a year old. The "dl" light is on when i go to take the clothes out of the washer. They are mostly spun through if not completely. It has been happening occasionally for about 2 months but it is happening more often now. When I try to restart it is very difficult to get the error message to go away. It makes a group of clicking noises when I try to restart. I just keep pushing buttons until it works again. Including unplugging it which doesn't always work. LG top loader HE WT5101H. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it since my 1 yr warranty just ended . Also, if need be would a smartdiagnosis over the phone be possible with this issue.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

dl is a door lock error (lid lock) it part # XXXXX on this diagram , you need to replace it, you can order it @ .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you give me an idea on how easy or difficult it would be for me to replace and how to get to that area of the washer. thanks i will accept your answer if u can help me with this part as well.
there are two clips you need to release to lift the top, you push them in with a putty knife, # XXXXX on this diagram, once the top is up its easy, the part # XXXXX XXXXX and you can order it at the following blue link, (just click the blue link )