Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A BOSCH SHX46B05UC/21 DISHWASHER. IT STARTED A CYCLE

I HAVE A BOSCH SHX46B05UC/21 DISHWASHER. IT STARTED A CYCLE WHEN I CLOSED THE DOOR BUT THE DRAIN PUMP STARTS, PUMPS WATER FOR A SECOND OR TWO THEN THE MOTOR STOPS. IT DOES NOT CONTINUE THE CYCLE. THE SCREEN AND PERFORATED DRAIN COVER ARE CLEAN. THERE ARE NO OBSERVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS IN THE SUMP OR DRAIN PIPE. WHAT COULD BE THE MATTER? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I have been working on an assumption that there is a programming problem because the cycle has been interrupted in a strange way.  I just cancelled the rinse cycle and turned off the power.  Now I started the dishwasher on a new cleaning cycle and the residual water drains out of the bottom of the dishwasher.  Now I will have to wait to see if the new cycle works now.  Will let you know.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you hear a motor running and running ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan,

It seems that the programming was stuck in one spot. I cancelled the final rinse cycle and then shut off the power. I then restarted a normal cleaning cycle and it worked, so the problem seemed to solve itself. I think that one member of the household did something to interrupt the prgrammed cycle and it took a bit for the machine to become unstuck. Since you did spend some time on this I will hit the green button.

Regards,

Paul Weisner
Eagle River, Alaska
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well thats good news, these machines are very sensitive to touching the controls and can scramble easy, I have a bosh myself and have had issues with it, if you need additional help just ask, thanks Bryan