Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 30 dual fuel euro style downdraft slide in range

I have a 30" dual fuel euro style downdraft slide in range about 18 months old, either model JDS9860 or the prior year same model. Sorry, am at work without the exact model number in front of me. We had an electrical outage at the house and when the power came back on, all 4 of the burner ignitors were firing simultaneously even with the burners all turned off. Pulled the power plug on the stove and they resumed sparkiing when plugged back in. Turned the burner control knobs various directions to try to get one or more burners to stop sparking and that did not work, either. How do I get the ignitors to stop sparking except when the control knobs are turned to ignite? Is there a fuse or circuit breaker or something a power surge might have tripped when the power went off then back on? The instruction manual was useless. Bruce Drouin, Yarmouth, ME
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am reasonably handy. Is this something I am likely to be able to remove and reinstall myself? Looks like a small module that can be removed by unscrewing and undoing an electrical connector.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
its not to bad, its hard to tell but looks like its behind the control panel where the knobs are, heres a link to all the diagrams if that helps, there all different, I hope that helps. thanks Bryan