Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

Hello, I am getting a LF message on my Maytag Bravos washing

Hello, I am getting a "LF" message on my Maytag Bravos washing machine.

When I begin a wash cycle, water enters the machine for a few seconds, then stops, and then the machine makes a buzzing sound. Eventually, the machine will say "LF" on the readout. A plumber just checked the water flow and the hoses, and they were fine. Can you tell me what could be causing this problem?
LF means long fill time. IF you are getting water through the hoses, the next thing to check is the screens inside of the valve on the machine. If those are clear, then I would to replace the water valve on the machine.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I tried the clean washer cycle, water was easily pouring into the machine, so there does not seem to be a water flow problem. This makes me think the the screens are probably clear. Does that make sense?

What does the water valve do? How much does it cost to replace?
I agree. The water valve lets water into the unit, so if the water goes in on the cleaning cycle, I don't think the valve is a problem. Does the LF happen on every cycle and water level or one in particular?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It seems to be happening on all cycles and water heat settings
You would have to start a cycle and check fo rpower to these valves. Do you have a meter to check for voltage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I don't.
The problem is either the valves are defective or the control board is not sending a constant supply of power to the valves. How long have you had this unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Several years.
OK. So it would be out of any warranty. The problem is for sure one of those two parts, so that is where I would start.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thank you. What is the best way to find a local repairman? Through the Maytag website?

That would be the best way. YOu are going to want someone who is Maytag authorized to work on this unit. Here is the link to the Maytag site to set up a service call.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They can't come for a week. Is there any way to get someone in sooner?
You can try a local repair service, but you want to make sure they have experienc eon this model. They can be difficult to work on.