Charles
Charles, Engineering Contractor
Experience:  Install, repair and trouble shoot
26609390

my gaggenau dishwasher keeps tipping forward when i open the

my gaggenau dishwasher keeps tipping forward when i open the door or pull out the rack, it apears not to be hooked up right. can you show me how it should be attached?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today!!

Ok, this should be an easy fix for you to perform!!

On the topside of the washer just under the counter there should be 2 small metal brackets that stick out just enough to get a screw into the hole that is in the bracket.

There are the brackets to secure the top of the washer to yhe counter that will keep it from tipping.

If you have a counter that has wood on the underside then just take 2 small (short) screws and screw the brackets to the counter. If you have granit or marble you will need to install it differently. In this case you will need to either drill 2 very small holes in the counter (at the bottom side) and install the screws.

That should take care of the issue for you!!

I hope this helps answer your question, if so please click the green accept button, if not im still here to assist you.

Thanks again,

Charles

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do I need masonary screws for a granite top?

Expert:  Charles replied 2 years ago.

Im not sure you can get them that small. They need to be less than 1/2" so you dont crack the granit. If there is a gap of about 1/2" between the counter and the washer bracketts then I would glue a piece of wood to the counter and then use the wood screws into the wood. This way you dont damage the counter by mistake.

There is normally a lip that will hang over the counter to hide the lip where the counter sits on the cabinets, you can glue the wood (like a piece of 1/2" plywood or other wood cut to fit) to the counter just behind that lip with liquide nails and that will hold great.

Thanks again,

Charles

Charles, Engineering Contractor
Experience: Install, repair and trouble shoot