Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

I just installed a new Maytag wall oven. I have installed

I just installed a new Maytag wall oven. I have installed one in the past with no problem. This time the ignitor bar glows but there is no gas flow. I checked and there is gas going to the unit. Is there something that I missed during installation

There is a little red handle on the gas valve in the oven where the gas line connects. Is that in the up position?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a Maytag 24" wall unit, model CWG31OOAAE29. I am at work and called my wife and she didn't see a red handle. I don't remember seeing on either.

Here is a link to the part that I am talking about. This is the regulator for your oven. See the little red handle. This needs to be open. Sometimes that valve can be broken off.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I won't be able to check until I get home. When open what position should the red handle be? In line with the direction of gas flow?

Correct. It needs to be in the up position.