John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I purcahsed a Hotpoint gas range with electric ignitors. there

I purcahsed a Hotpoint gas range with electric ignitors. there is only propane ,not natrual gas or liquid gas where in live in Alaska. The model # XXXXX XXXXX do I need to install a conversion kit to go from natural gas to propane or si it ready to run on propane out fo the factory?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Unless you order the range to be set up for propane use, it will be for natural gas. You need to replace the burner orifices and change the gas presssure regulator, then adjust the air shutters on the burners to get a bright blue flame with minimum yellow tipping. The orifice hole size differs for the surface burners and the oven/broiler burners. One of the part numbers is 255887, and the price is $9.50. You'll need to ask which one this is, as the other(s) are'nt shown at

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.