John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Microwave model MMV4203DW00 STOPS operation after 15 minutes

Customer Question

Microwave model MMV4203DW00 STOPS operation after 15 minutes of use.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

The timing circuit in the control board is malfunctioning. It needs to be replaced. The part number is1549726, and the price is $103.30. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't think it is timing circuit. Heat may be the problem. I have tested it with vent fans running and therefore cooling the box and it seems to work. Does this make sense?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Does the oven work after cooling down? If so, you need to replace the charcoal filter, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN price $18.60. It's most likely clogged with grease and dust deposits. If, after replacing the filter, the problem persists, replace the high limit thermostat on the magnetron, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN price $4.70. These parts are also available from www.repairclinic.com.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks John, I will give it another try with clean filter and willget back to you with results.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I set it for twenty minutes with clean filter and the vent running and it worked!! It seems to me that a microwave that is only a year and a half old and which gets light use should worked better than this. Do you think that I should go back to Sears or Maytag and ask them to fix it? Or do you think that that there may be a recall in force?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
I don't think they will do so, as they consider the filter a replacement item in much the same way as a light bulb.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still reading
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not talking about the filter. It was clean. I'm amazed that the microwave will overheat itself so much that it will turn itself off after very light use after only a year and a half after purchase.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

The temperature sensor is mounted on the magnetron tube, which gets hot as it operates to heat food items. When the cooling air flow is reduced, the sensor shuts the magnetron off to protect the tube.

John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience: 25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi John, I'm glad we agree that the problem is heat. I see that you've already taken the money but it was worth it to talk with an experienced technician
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Thank you. My screen indicates that you have yet to accept my answer, which is the way I get paid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I missed that but they told me that they wouldn't charge my card until I told them to so I tthought it was finished.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

OK. Any amount you deposit is held in your justanswer account, until you click on the

'accept' button.