John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have Westinghouse model og25h oven. Turned to bake heard

I have Westinghouse model og25h oven. Turned to bake heard what I thought was
arching indicator light was out. I turned switch to broil and light came on. On bake
element gets warm, but never glowes red. I think it is thermostat switch was
wondering if I am right.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

You might be, but should remove the element and inspect the connector on it, and the plug for signs of heat damage and/or electrical pitting. That's the more likely problem. If you see signs of these problems, replace the element, part number 2183, price $28.40. You can buy it at The receptacle is not listed on the website, but you can call them at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto find out if they have one. If not, you should be able to find one at a local repair shop. The thermostat is no longer available from the manufacturer, but should also by able to be matched, if you need one.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.