Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

My G.E. dishwasher MOD GLD5800L00WW still works fine but

My G.E. dishwasher MOD: GLD5800L00WW still works fine but the noise is now deafening! REpair or replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
IS it making a loud humming noise while it is washing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it is a very loud hum! Load finishes clean and no water in bottom. Just extremely noisy.,
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.

OK, the part you need is the following link. 0WW/0432/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=G0604380&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=0130000&searchModelNumber=GLD5800L00WW&subCompDesc=Body%20parts&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=DISHWASHER&blt=11

There is a manufacturing defect in this part and when the water goes through it, it creates a resonating sound. Very easy to replace. Remove it form the pump by lifting the locking tab on it and pull it out, the remove the screw up top that hold sit in. Very straight forward.