Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.

my ge quiet power3 dishwasher makes a humming noise and eventually

my ge quiet power3 dishwasher makes a humming noise and eventually stops when I try to turn it on. What's up with that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
So it fills with water and when it is supposed to circulate the water for the wash cycle, it just hums and quits?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. It doesn't fill with water. When I close it the 'Normal Wash' and 'Heated Dry' lights come on. When I press 'Start' these two lights blink, the dishwasher hums and after about 1 minute shuts off and the lights go out.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like the water valve is not opening. Are you sure the water to the dishwasher is on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
What you need is the tube that goes from the pump to the upper spray arm. It is a manufacturing defect that creates a resonating sound as the water is going through it. IF you send me the model number I can look up the part for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
That doesn't sound right, the model starts with a G. And the answer above I gave was wrong, I'm sorry, I got you confused with someone else. What you need is the water valve for the dishwasher.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My bad. The number is XXXXX How do I replace the water valve?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.

Shut the water and power to the unit. Remove the bottom kick panel. The valve is on the left. Disconnect the valve by removing the screw that hold sit to the body. Remove the plug. Unclamp the inlet hose. And remove the water inlet line. You can order the part at the following link, /WD15X10003/0022/363/Model-GLD4500N10BB/0432/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=G0707182&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=0130000&searchModelNumber=GLD4500N10BB&subCompDesc=Body%20parts&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=DISHWASHER&blt=11