Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Gold side by side model number 6GD25DCXHS05

I have a Whirlpool Gold side by side model number 6GD25DCXHS05 with ice maker. There is ice made but it will not release it. I pured some water on the made ice & within 10 minutes it released & worked fine for another week. It has now done it again but this time will not release the ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you know the temperature in the freezer? do you have a thermometer to put in it? the freezer needs to be between 0-8 degrees for the ice maker to cycle, let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure of the temperature, it is set on 3 & it only goes up to 4. It is about 8-10 years old & has always worked perfectly. We have no little kids that play with it & my wife uses it all the time. Strange that it started to work again after I pured water on it last time. ANY IDEAS.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
my opinion is the heater in the ice maker thats releases the ice has failed, when you poured the warm water on it you released the cubes but now they are frozen again, you need the thermostat inside the ice maker Main Product Viewthis turns the heater on to release the ice, the part #

Manufacturer Number 627985

you will have to find a supplier in your area however, heres the diagram and its part # XXXXX on the diagram. thanks, Bryan