SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a new Bosch front loading Axxis 24inch compact washing

I have a new Bosch front loading Axxis 24inch compact washing machine. Had it for 1 day. Did one load and now the control panel keeps flashing as well as the pause/start light and i can't restart the machine. I have unplugged the washer. I have reset the circuit breaker and it is still doing the same thing. How do I reset the machine so it will work? Any help is appreciated!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 3 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Which lights are flashing? This will tell us the error code and the problem. Thanks.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello

Customer:

Hello.

Customer:

Regular Spin

Customer:

Spin and End are all flashing plus the Start/Pause button

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'll check the service manual right now.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

This is a fault of the main wash motor, the motor that spins the drum. They have had quiet a few of these come bad out of the factory and have even redesigned the motor just recently.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry to say there isn't anything you can do as a user to fix this.

Customer:

Ok, so is this a matter of getting it replaced? I just got it yesterday!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Most dealers will just swap out the machine for you as it's so new. if you had to wait to get it fixed it would take at least a few days for the service company to get the part and replace it. I would just call the dealer and say you found out it's the motor and you don't want a major repair on a new machine and don't want to wait. they should have no problem just delivering a new machine.

Customer:

Ok, thank you. I will call them tomorrow. I had called them today and they told me to reset the circuit breaker.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

That's something that most dealers and phone staff will recommend as it sometimes helps with electronics. Let them know the story and if they are a reputable bis they will replace. Officially they don't have to but they don't want you mad.

Customer:

They are reputable. It is kind of annoying since I just got it but I think they will swap it out for me. Thanks for your help.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman