Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool duet sport that is showing code F33. I

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool duet sport that is showing code F33. I reset it and tried to run a spin dry cycle and now i can smell ozone. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

do you have the model # ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Duet Sport only other number i have is WFW8410SW01
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
F-33

When the connection between pump and the Central Control Unit (CCU) is

lost during cycle drain. This error code is only shown in Diagnostic test.

Possible Causes/Procedure

- Unplug washer or disconnect power

- Check all wire harness connections at the Drain Pump & CCU (DP2 cavity)

connectors are not broken or wires detached and connector internal pins are visible.

- Check continuity from the Drain Pump & CCU (DP2 cavity) connectors.

- If the continuity diagnosis failed the Main Harness must be replaced.

- Check the resistance of the motor pump. See pages 8.

- If the above does not correct the problem, unplug washer or disconnect power.

- Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.

- Disassemble the drain pump from the washer.

- Check that the impeller is not detached from the motor shaft. If the impeller is

detached from the shaft, is broken or has any scratch, the drain pump must

be replaced.

- Plug in washer or reconnect power.

- Verify the unit operation by running a Diagnostic Test. See page 5.

- After the diagnostic test has finished unplug washer or disconnect power and

wait for 15 seconds.

Did you have this in diagnostic mode when you got the error ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This really does not help me solve the problem, it is a rehash of what the manual says. Do I need to call a service man?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well these are complicated machines and to be honest I don't want to tell you to just start replacing parts that could cost you more in the long run. I didn't know you had a service manual, sounds to me like the drain pump is the issue, have you cleaned out the trap?