Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kenmore bottom freezer ice maker is overflowing with water

my kenmore bottom freezer ice maker is overflowing with water when it refills ice cube tray. water is dripping over top into ice tray.
any ideas?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

give me a minute to pull up the tech sheets, I'll be back shortly.

the issue is the fill valve, # XXXXX on this diagram, you can order this at the link below, its around $22.00 and is easy to replace, its located right where the water line from the house connects,

link to part hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

are you still there? what happens is the valve doesn't shut tight after it put water in so the water keeps dripping into the ice maker, this is a common issue, let me know if you received the info I sent.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i wish it were that easy, my fridge is recessed in the wall about 1 foot up and will have to be emptied totally to pull it out.if your sure this will fix the problem i will accept.

this fridge is only 13 months old. is this a reoccuring problem?

well I'm sure thats the issue, these vales get clogged and cant close completely so they drip, what I would also suggest is putting in and in line water filter (very simple) they sell them at lowes and this will prevent the grit from the water from getting to the valve, not to mention the ice cubes taste better, thanks Bryan