Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i am going to replace my dryer blower motor and dont know how

Customer Question

i am going to replace my dryer blower motor and dont know how to reset the error message. can you help with a ge profile dpgt750gc2ww dryer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

have you replaced the blower motor yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not yet. Will not be doing it till Thursday
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not yet. Will not be doing it till Thursday . I have tried unplugging it for 4 min and that didn't work
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
once the blower motor is replaced this will reset itself, its a code to tell you the motor is bad, once replaced it will go away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like make sure it works before I pay. Will find out Thursday . Thank you for your help .
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay if it doesn't just let me know, I'll see what I can do, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By the way. There is no code displayed. It just gives a service number to call and the teck is the one who said it was the motor. Motor is $170 and teck wanted $600 to repair including the motor. That's why I am going to replace it myself. Again thank you and I will let u know
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, I'll be here. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That didn't work. Any more suggestions
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I'll have to research that, not sure. I'll opt out someone else might know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am at the location. Should I wait for an answer or come back tomorrow
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well i would wait until someone gets you the answer and then go back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When can I expect an answer from someone? And will I be contacted thru u or someone else ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still waiting!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is really rediculious. How long do I need to wait for an answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been five days! Is there really some one going to help ?