Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Frigidaire side by side 2005, freezer cooling exceptionaly

Frigidaire side by side 2005, freezer cooling exceptionaly well; lots of ice from ice maker. The motor is running as is the fan. Lights work in fridge. Minimal to no cooling in fridge?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is there any frost on the back panel inside the freezer behind your food? look real good.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No visable frost; it is really cold and if you rub your fingers over it you so get a very slight moisture on your fingers.
okay if theres no frost its not a defrost issue, your damper has failed, this is what opens to let the cold air flow to the refrigerator side. its electric and opens and close. you can order this @ link thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a hole about this size on the low left side where the crisper goes. There is no cover just about a 2'' by 4'' opening?
the damper will be at the top back of the refrigerator section, # XXXXX on this diagram. top left corner , you need to remove part # XXXXX to see it.