Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kitche Aid dishwasher Model KUDB230Y2 Is the heating element

Kitche Aid dishwasher Model KUDB230Y2 Is the heating element to heat the water or just heat for the drying with the blower on. Water not melting gel tablets for washing. seems water not hot enough. Water tank is set at 125 degrees. Can you help me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. this is the main tub heater.

and it doesn't need the fan to come on. heres a video on how to test yours. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element/4163587/558218?modelNumber=KUDB230Y2#repairHelpVideoTabs

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know heat element comes on when using drying cycle. What I am asking is this: Should it also heat the water in the tub while washing dishes? The water remains only warm and will melt gel tabs for washing.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes if your using high temp wash of pots and pans. sounds like the heater of the thermostat is bad, # XXXXX on the diagram, they test the same way.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This model does not have pot and pans on dial; all is on dial on normal. In normal cycle should element be heating the water during the wash cycle. Why would it come on during dry cycle but not come with any heat during the wash cycle?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

does the heat come on for heat dry? I cant pull up the speck sheets on this yet , kinda old , does it heat dry?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes heat element on when on heat dry. but is this heating element supposed to also heat the water. It is not coming on anytime during the wash cycle. water in tub is only warm and element is not on. What might be the problem? or is there no problem and this element was not made to heat the water?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this doesn't have high temp wash, in other words the heater isn't suppose to come on to heat the water, its taken me a bit to find that info, anyway let me ask this, how high up is the water after this fills in the beginning of the cycle, can you fill it and open the door and let me know in inches ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You can open door anytime during wash cycle. water is 3 inches high during the wash cycle (it covers the bottom heating element) you can close door and push start and it continues cycle
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this means the element doesn't heat the water as it washes, the machine is not equipped for that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What year was this model made? I want to tell my landlord that it needs updated since it does heart the water. Since they changed some of the dishwater products due to environmental issue, that is when my dishwas quit washing dishes well.

Do you know approximately how old this dishwasher is by the model no.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
to date this I would need the serial # XXXXX