Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Washer started and ended but I did not see any washing done. The

Washer started and ended but I did not see any washing done.
The door is locked and regular spin, spin, end and start pause lights brink.
I turned off the machine but the door is locked and I cannot do anything.
What did I do wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WAS20160UC I think
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
did any water enter the machine at the beginning?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For now, I wanted to ge the laundry out from the machine but the door is locked.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

okay, so it filled as usual but didn't do anything else ? such as agitate or spin? did the water fill as usual or did it stop filling before the normal amount of water was in it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I heard water in and out. It went thorough the cycle, it appears, from wash to rins but I did not really see the drum moving. I usually see them moving. Now at the end, spin and end lights are blinking and so is start/pause light. I switched the machine off to see if it will release the door but did not work
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay first thing you need to do is clean the pump trap. have you tried that yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is a brand new machine. I do not even know where is the pump trap
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
this is brand new ? okay well I,m not sure if its the trap, have you run this at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
last week, it did a beautiful job doing two cycles
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

okay, the trap is behind the square cover in the front right side of the machine in the bottom front. do you see an access cover?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is callsed service door on the manual, is it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes and the pump trap is behind the door, try cleaning the trap, if you cant get it going by doing that you should call for service right away because doing anything else could void the warranty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So, this is machine malfunction?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes it sounds like the board may have failed, the problem is if you try to work on this they will void the warranty, they have a lot of problems with these boards in these. call for service and have them send a tech out, you don't want to void your warranty.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. One last question. Is there anyway to re-start the cycle on this machine?
I was able to take out the landry but need to do laudry today. Or I should not even try doning this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
if you clean the pump trap it may run again, you may have a blockage in the trap, thats all I would suggest doing, don't try to do anything else. you may have a bobby pin or something stuck in the pump assembly.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.