How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a ge waterheater with an electric ignitor The pilot

Resolved Question:

I have a ge waterheater with an electric ignitor The pilot is out and I have tried to relite it to no avail. I cannot hear the ignitor going off. A friend told me that I need to replace the ignitor. can you tell me where to get one and how hard is it to replace one.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The ignitor is less likely the problem, than the thermocouple. You can find a replacement parts at any hardware store that sells water heaters. The thermocouple connects to the gas valve that has the button on it.

John and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you