John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

turn oven or broiler on and before it heats up it kicks ou

turn oven or broiler on and before it heats up it kicks out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Does your oven start to heat at all? Have you noticed anything else different about it other than the temperature?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I"m replying to let you know I"ve got your reply and it is downdraft slide-in range and everything on the top on the range works fine! if the self-clean,the broil,or the oven,the light acts it is working it keeps kicking out?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

If the oven gets warm before it shuts off, replace the temperature sensor, part number 252618, price $79.30. If it dose'nt heat at all, check the element for surface damage on the metal jacket and continuity between the wire connections. If the element checks OK, you'll need to replace the relay board, part number 225512, price $210.75. The part number for the element is 1944, price @20.95. You can buy the parts at www.repairclinic.com.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience: 25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company