Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Reference top load washer Model WBSR3140G6WW Washer ONLY

Customer Question

Reference top load washer Model WBSR3140G6WW

Washer ONLY works on the delicate cycle. Timer does not appear to move on any other cycle nor is there any activity in the machine. Do I need to replace the timer??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

click on the following link to a video on how to reset the motor control board, http://www.geappliances.com/videos-media/?vuuid=y2y8006j&categoryid=13830 try reseting the board first, let me know if it runs then.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am located a half hour one way trip from the machine that I am troubleshooting. I will be happy to try this solution. Why would the motor contol board allow the machine to work on one cycle and NOT on the others?? Secondly, how do I stay connected to you until I can determine whether this solution works and I can then pay you??
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the motor control is integrated with the timer, sometimes these can scramble thats why they have a reset procedure, as far as paying you can pay now and if it doesn't do the trick just come back and let me know, we can take it from there, we need to know if this will reset before going further or ordering any parts, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am happy to pay you now but once I go off line to attempt this solution and it does NOT work, how to I get back in touch specifically with YOU ??
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes all your replies are sent directly to me , so you will get me only, talk later when you try that, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan,
I don't know if you are stil on line or if I select "reply" on the e-mail copies of these answers whether will be able to continue the conversation.
I tried the motor control reset proceedure. The washer will operate on all the rinse and spin cycles -- it might have been doing that before since I did not test them all. But the washer will not fill on any of the wash cycles. There is a clicking noise for a bit when the wash cycle is selected but then all is quiet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay sorry I was off line, is the clicking noise comming from the timer?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, the clicking is definitely NOT coming from the timer. It is coming from the machine -- almost like the adjutator is trying to move but , of course, I can't confrim because the sound stops when I lift the lid -- pehaps another clue. In an case, after 10 seconds or so all is quiet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats bad . it means the motor and controller is bad.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
you need to remove the front panel and check the error code comming from the motor control. there are two clips about 3 inches in from each side between the top and the front panel, use a putty knife and push the clips up and pull the front panel out at the top to remove, you will see a blinking light on the motor control count the blinks