John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I wonder why motor is so important in washing machine and what

I wonder why motor is so important in washing machine and what the differential benefit from other brands such as GE and samsung. please explain easily.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The motor provides the turning power for the washer's clothes drum through a transmission, which can either drive the drum back and forth to agitate the clothes, or in one direction to remove water from the clothes.

Almost all washer manufacturers use the same type of motor made by just a few motor manufacturers.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.