Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 2 yr GE frig GSH 25J STA SS its hot in both sides

I have a 2 yr GE frig GSH 25J STA SS its hot in both sides i replaced the thermostat and the main control board i had thought the compressor wasnt getting volts but it is my voltage meter was messed up can anyone tell me what should i try next?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is this the board you replaced ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much for your reply... Yes it is.
okay can you remove the back cover over the compressor, is the compressor warm,hot, or cold? is it vibrating (running)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for not giving up on me!! I realise Im a problem client and your time is valuable so hopefully you dont have to teach me everything there is to know about refrigerator repair. I just plugged it back up so it been on for 30 mins and its not cold i guess its kinda slightly cool. There wasn't any cover over it , if that makes any difference, just a little square thing that covers the part that plugs in to it. I didnt touch that. and yes its vibrating.
okay if its vibrating its running. that could be bad however. how long was this unplugged ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
maybe a month

okay you say its kinda cool ? do you feel its getting colder?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

nope...maybe room temp now.

okay if your sure the compressor is vibrating then its a sealed system issue , either the compressor has failed or a freon leak,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok.....Frown anyway Thank you Bryan.