SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Hello, I have an old Subzero model 590 and when the ice maker

Hello, I have an old Subzero model 590 and when the ice maker is turned on it leaks water out of the bottom. There must be a cracked water line somewhere, could you tell where to look?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. The water line is above the unit. There is a line that runs between the two compressors that goes to the ice maker. This line can get hot and crack from the compressor heat. It's standard 1/4" line and I would check there first. Thanks, Sam
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and I checked the water lines in the top but they are fine. There are two of them, I suspect one of them is for the water feed and the other is for the icemaker. One has a red wire connector and the other has a white connector. The red one feeds toward the front while the other runs to the back. Is the white/back one for the icemaker?
The white/back if for the ice maker. the other thing that can happen is the elbow at the end of that tube can get frozen and cause a blockage which will make it leak. It's a tight spot but you can remove the elbow from the top. If you find that the blockage is the case and it happens twice you will need a new water valve as it weeps into the tube and freezes.