Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool side by side fridge model #ed2vhextq01.

I have a whirlpool side by side fridge model #ed2vhextq01. The icemaker makes ice and when I push to dispense the door opens and makes a noise, but no ice comes out

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

try this, open the freezer and remove the ice bucket and then old the light switch in and press for ice, does the fork in the back of the freezer turn?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, it does not turn
okay , your auger motor has failed, rarely but sometimes these can freezer and need to be defrosted with a hair dryer, try removing it and heating it up then try it , if it doesn't turn check for power to it and if you get 120 volts replace the motor. heres a link to the motor, dispenser motor the part # XXXXX XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is this motor located
sorry was off line. part # XXXXX on this diagram,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX! I got lucky...the hair dryer did the trick! Wish I would have figured that out a year ago when it went out, thats what I get for waiting. Now, Im wondering what caused that and if it will happen again. Hope not, because that was not easy to take apart.

Thanks for your help! Smile
thats great ! I know they are a pain to take apart, this happens sometimes, especially if you don't get ice a lot,its good to just get a few cube everyday just to keep it moving, hopefully it wont happen again, thanks ,Bryan