SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

I have a Maytag dishwasher that is about 5 years old. The upper

I have a Maytag dishwasher that is about 5 years old. The upper dish rack is rusting with some portions breaking off. Seems like we should get better service out of it than that. Any chance that Maytag would replace this rack?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. You can order them from the vendors but as they are not a high volume part they don't usually carry them in stock and order on a as needed basis. As far as getting Maytag to cover the part under warranty some of the units have a 10 year parts warranty on the racks, some do not. You would need to check the last page of your users manual to see if yours does. You could also call maytag with your model/serial number and they can tell you. If they would cover it you would need to go through their customer service people and they would ship it directly to you. Let me know if I can assist further. Thanks, Sam