SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Ive replaced the sub zero 424 wine fridge THERMISTOR. The

I've replaced the sub zero 424 wine fridge THERMISTOR. The blue and white stripped wires go into a little hole in back of unit. But They don't come out on the other side, so I don't find where to attach them (after 41 inches as per instructions). Do you remove entire back of unit? RIght now I removed a 4" panel which exposes wires, but not the white and but like coming out of thermistor.)
How do you find the wires you are supposed to connect the new termistor's wires to?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. You will need to connect the thermister wires on the machine side of the plastic connector. To get to the connector you will need to remove the small panel you already removed plus another panel behind it. To remove that panel you will have to take off all the rails. If it's in the lower section you will also need to remove a small side bracket. all of this is done from inside the machine. When you get to the connector remove it entirely and hardwire the thermister. i doesn't matter about the polarity of the wires. let me know if I can be of further assistance. I own this machine myself so am very familiar with it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The panel I need off is loose, but how do I get it to clear the rails (slides for shelves), to come away so I can get behind it?
You have to unscrew all the rails on one side. 4x screws per rail. Not the best design.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
probably took the wrong rail off -- but I see where the wires go into the yoke. The instructions for theristor say don't cut off beyond 41 inches, but there's only about 8 inches I have to work with -- is it ok to city them shorter than instructions say?
No problem cutting longer but the goal is to eliminate the connector that is on the factory thermistor because the connector is prone to moisture issues. They give you all that extra length for other models like the full sized units. Are you able to see the white factory connector that is near the cooling tubes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not sure what you mean: I SHOULD cut the wires long and hard-wire, or I should cut short as needed?
You can cut any length that is needed long or short but you need to get to the plug. If you cannot see the end of the wires where the plug is you need to remove more panels. the plug is near the tubes that are in the back of the inside.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK I've found plug and have pulled it out. Ready to replace with new part. I already replaced the
control unit, but that didn't correct 'service' light coming on, and temperature not lowering.
Hopefully this will do it. I am very grateful for your help.
thank you.
f
Glad to help. If it doesn't work you may an issue with the compressor or a freon leak. thanks, Sam
Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman