Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a kenmore gas stove. the power burner, when I turn it

I have a kenmore gas stove. the power burner, when I turn it on has a blow torch sound and has the flame larger on one side than the other side of the same burner. On the small burner I have to wave air at it while the lite area of the button is on to get it to light. I have tried to clean these but the results are the same. Anything I can do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The only thing you ca try is cleaning part 10 (depending on burner) and cleaning and adjusting the orifice part 11, If this does not help then the likely source of the problem is the valve part 2.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.
Please don't leave negative or neutral feedback until you have tried the repair since this reflects my standing in this category. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.