Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My maytag dishwasher is just two years old. No matter what

My maytag dishwasher is just two years old. No matter what cycle I set it on, it will start to wash and then stop.All of the lights will go off and some water will be in the bottom. My overfill float moves freely.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have a model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX
okay got it, so this doesn't fill all the way to continue washing ? it need to fill about 2" in the bottom is it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, After it has stopped. I have restarted the cycle or hit cancel so it will drain out. I have then tried to start a whole new cycle and it does the same thing.
okay so its not filling correctly, thats a common issue, if the water doesn't reach a certain level the dish washer wont continue, you need a new inlet water valve, it doesn't stay open long enough to fill this before the timer advances so the machine stops, you can order this @ its located behind the front access panel under the door.