Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just bought a house that has a Thermador combination micro

I just bought a house that has a Thermador combination micro wave, convection oven with a regular oven on bottom. The last owner did not leave a parts book or instruction manual, and since it was an estate sale, I cannot contact hime to ask.
It looks like the regular oven on bottom, does not have the snakey looking seal around the door, because it does not close tightly. I contacted the Thermador web site to get aa manual and parts list but my model number was not recognized MCB265. ANy help would be appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is this what you need ? Main Product View

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not know, on the inside of most oven doors there is a seal that goes around the ridge on the inside of the door to seal it. I have checked other ovens out and this one does not have a seal on the inside of the door. This is not a seal to keep/seal the inner and outer portion of the door together. This is a seal to keep the heat in and possibly make the door close tight. If this is what you are showing me, that is great
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If that is the correct part, how does it stay on the door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the one I showed you is the door seal and it goes between the door and the oven to keep the heat in, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gasket-or-Seal/412883/1028901?modelNumber=MCB265 for $7.80 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANK< YOU SO MUCH> How do I get a manual and parts book
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your manual I don't see available, there are places on line you would need to search, one is this one, http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Thermador-Oven-manuals.html but they may not have it, what you should do is google this, (Thermador oven manuals) and a bunch of sites will come up, check them. thanks Bryan