John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

model 9162 will not light in gas mode, gas is present 12 volts

model 9162 will not light in gas mode, gas is present 12 volts present at gas valve all fuses ok ingnitor functions but burner doesn't light Bos does not activate suspect fault on board? I am electrical engineer so can understand tech stuff. Thanks, Larry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Check for continuity across the gas valve solenoid terminals. If you get a continutiy reading, inspect the area around the orifice cap to see if there's a deposit of dust blocking the orifice opening. If the area is clean, you'll need to replace the gas valve.

You can buy one at any Norcold authorized servicer(most RV dealerships).

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no continuity across valve connections,I assume coil is open?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
AC mode is also not functioning. 124.5 VAC on both side of fuse, no AC Output
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Since the coil is open, the gas valve needs to be replaced. The AC failure to function is either an open heater element in the exhaust flue, or a faulty control board.
For more helpful information, go to www.thetford.com, and choose your model for downloadable manuals. If your model is'nt on their list, call the customer service department at(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you know thecold resistance value of the AC heater element?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
If I recall correctly, it should be 20 to 30 ohms, but any ohms reading at all indicates that it has continuity.