SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

dishwasher drain pump SHU33A02how to disassemble

dishwasher drain pump SHU33A02 how to disassemble

actually, how to get access the drain and check for bolockage - nothing obvious from the inside of the tank.

I need to go right up to the drain pump and if necewsswary replace the drain pump..

How can «I get access to the drain substystem ?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 3 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Before you remove or replace the pump you can check the pump blades from the inside of the unit. Rremove the lower basket and filter screens. There will be a single star head screw at the bottom left hand side of the filter will which holds a plastic cover in place. the cover looks like an L with a tail sticking up. If you remove the screw and cover you can see if the blades turn by hand. they should be free spinning and "snap" in to the cardinal directions as you turn. You can access the pump itself by removing the front kickplate and another plate behind the kickplate that holed the wires in place so as not to get pinched by the door. There will be one clear hose in front of the pump that you will need to remove.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know if you need further information. Thanks, Sam

Customer:

I tried you advice on checking for movement of the pump blades. Your note on the "snap" effect was a very good one, I would not have expected it. So, yes, the bades are turning.

Customer:

Next I found on the net a bit more advice on removing the pump. I applied voltage on the pump terminals and the motors does turn the thed blades.

Customer:

The only thing I can do is to re-install the pump and run wires from the pump terminals to the outside to check if the pump receives av ol

Customer:

a voltage. I'll let

Customer:

youknow about it this.

Customer:

I had not realized that the web site was in the UK - too bad about the time difference.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The pump does not drain directly to the hose there is a chamber on the left side of the machine that the pump drains into before the machine drain hose. I would check that chamber for blockage as well. Also check that the machine will drain into a bucket and verify its not a hose drain problem. Thanks.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

hello.

Customer:

Are you taliking about what the Bosch pats lists calls the "Pressure chamber" ?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

its another chamber directly behind the pressure chamber.

Customer:

OK I'll check that as weel. I will take me about 15 minutes.

Customer:

How ncuh longer will you be av

Customer:

ailable today ?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I will be online today for most of the time with occasianal breaks. If you post and I'm not in chat I'll check often and post right away.

Customer:

great.

Customer:

I have removed the pressure chamber located on the left-hand side of the dishwasher, below the "Water Inlet System" and inspected it -- no clogs.

Customer:

I have taken the opportunity to blow the water out of the hose that leads to the sink's drain pipe. (I'll spare you the details about th quality of the water that came out of that).

Customer:

I am now in the process of re-assembling the pressure chamber. Unforturnately, I had not noticed that the electrical plug (red and blue wirres) that cvonnects to the top microswith had can hold only two terminals and that the microswitch has trhee. I have two ways to reconnect and I cannot see which one to use. There are two terminals on the side on the microswitch right next to where the electrical plug goes and atop the microswitch there is the thrid terminal wich runs above the microswitch.

Customer:

So what is the proper to connection to make ?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The drain chamber should be behind the pressure chamber. just two tubes run into it both from underneath. If that's ok and the drain pump is turning, then you must have a clog between the two. There is a short hose between the pump and chamber, sounds like you were looking at the wrong chamber .

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

regarding he connection....

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

the polarity of the two wires doesn't matter. i would look for the two connectors on the switch that have marking from a connector. It should be clear. If not I can look up a diagram. if you connect them wrong it's not going to blow anything up just make it not fill/ overfill.

Customer:

The pressure chamber I am talking about it the blue housing with a short hose to the drain poump. I have also checked that that short hose is also free of clogs,

Customer:

ok i'll go check for war on the cterminals.

Customer:

As the Terminator says "I'll be back".

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'll be here. lol

Customer:

Poltergeist : "I'm baaaaaaack !"

Customer:

Now the flexible hose going to the sink drain pipe is warm, so the dishwasher is draining.

Customer:

There is an odd (for me) cycle of short on and off water at the beginnning of the cycle.

Customer:

Sincew it takews a while for the cycle to complete, would you please llok up in your book about the connection ?

Customer:

Regards.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Sorry the chat window was having issues. let me know what you find. thanks
that short off/on is normal for the drain pump on these machine. Sounds strange like its struggling but it's normal.
The switch is normally open so it should be the separated connector and the connector that says N.0. on it. If you have it filled and running then you got it right. let me know if you need anything else and please accept if you feel I've helped. thanks, Sam
Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My eyesight is not very good at so ity is hard for me to read the Normally Open indication on the microswitch. It would be easier for me if you could tell which physical terminals to connect - top 2 or bottom 2.

In any case, I am accepting your answer. Best 24 $ |I have spent in a long time.

And the wife IS going to rinse off the dishes before she puts them in the dishwasher.

Regards