Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a Bosch SHV45M03UC/48 dishwasher. When I press the

I have a Bosch SHV45M03UC/48 dishwasher. When I press the on button the motor starts running even though the door is not closed. I have had a repairman out twice for this. The dishwasher will not run a regular cycle, just the motor goes. I've tried to reset it but no luck. The last repairman said that sometimes things need to dry out? This problem started again on Sunday - left door open all day Monday - by Monday night I could reset it and it worked. This morning same problem and I still can't get it to work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. You have a water leak into the base pan. When water leaks in the pan it activates flood mode which turns on the drain pump. You need to uninstall the dishwasher and remove the left side panel. Then run the dishwasher and see where it is leaking.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

In August the last time the repairman was out he tested to see if there were any leaks and he didn't find any

There has to be a leak. If it is happening more now maybe the leak got bigger so he can see it.