SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a thermador oven vintage 92 or 93. It cooks great.

I have a thermador oven vintage 92 or 93. It cooks great. You cannot clean it the the oven is very dirty. Sometimes when you turn it on it goes in lock mode and you ave to wait for hours for it to unlock. I need a new mother board? Do you have any suggestions. 

I cannot find a new  board.  The knobs are also broken and I use pliers to turn it on and off.  Cannot find knobs.  Seems this is a prevalent problem with Thermador.  They used to make good appliances but not they are not worth a dime.  My next one will not be a Thermador/. 

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. There is a company in IL called GC repairs that can rebuilt the clock for you. However the knobs are not going to be found. You can go to a local appliance repair shop and look for knobs that will fit on the oven although they will not look the same as the original knobs. Let me know if I can assist further. Thanks, Sam

Customer:

I am confused. The clock on the stove works fine. Does the word clock have another meaning?

Customer:

What is a clock? Jane

I apologize, the clock refers to the board/clock assembly. Most of these older thermadores have a unified assembly. Regardless the company CG Industries repair the old thermadore boards that are not available for purchase anymore. They would be your only hope. Thanks