Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We lost power on our Amana Electric stove and lost control

We lost power on our Amana Electric stove and lost control pad. May be in Sabbath mode and can't recover. How to get out of sabboth mode?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

If you tried the clock button for 3-5 seconds and it didn't come out of sabbath mode and you get no digital readout the control has failed. do you have a full model # ? I need to make sure theres no thermal fuse in this that could cause your issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
AER5845QAS
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
there is a resetable thermal cutoff in this, according to the parts list, I cant find the diagram of where its located but usually on the back of the range, not sure if this would cause the clock to not light up though, you can try reseting it by pushing the red button, also while your in the back check the cord connections at the terminal block. make sure a wire hasn't fried on that, unplug the range before removing the back panel, let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan,

I found the resetable thermal cut off switch and reset it, put a ohm meter on it and it is not open. I checked connections, and they are good. I checked for power on both sides of thermal switch and have 120 volts so switch is good. I have power on the connections on the control pad.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you have 120 volts at the control ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it is the same conductor (Red)that is coming from the thermal switch. 115 volts
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay thats bad, its mean the control has failed, even if it was in Sabbath mode the clock would respond, you will need to replace it unfortunately,

Manufacturer Number 5701M648-60 sorry for the bad news.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I was afrais of. Any cost estimates on the part?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the clock is $223.83 you can install it yourself. you can google it and find a better price most likely though, heres a link to the part at Sears. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/5701M648-60/0022/664?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=5701M648-60