Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire front load washer model LTF2940FE1. When

I have a Frigidaire front load washer model LTF2940FE1. When I start the washer, the door locks and the drum starts to rotate. However, no water comes ionto the washer and there is a loud buzzing noise. I checked the water suppy and the hose from the faucet to the washer and it is unclogged. I can't determine if the water pump is bad or there is something wrong with the sensor.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have a volt meter ? is the buzz comming from where the hoses are connected to the machine from the house?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have a volt meter.

I have removed the back and top covers.

It seems that the buzzing is coming from the discharge water pump at the bottom of the washer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
have you checked the drain pump for obstructions ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. Is there a preferred way to do this?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is there water in the tub that you know? the way to do it is remove the hoses and check it, there may be water so get towels ready,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i removed the discharge pump. it looks like a bra wire was jamming the pump so it couldn't discharge. I don't have time to put it back together to see if that fixed the problem.

Can I get back to you later today?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay great. it should work as long as it didn't burn the pump out which is rare on these. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. How do you get paid? Do i hit the accept answer button?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you press the green accept button. good job ! I'm glad I was able to help. have a great day ! thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.