SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
A new question is answered every 9 seconds freg leakes from under the freezer through and opening

Resolved Question: freg leakes from under the freezer through and opening to the ice box. It happens intermittently and fills up at the bottom of the ice box under the veg drawers. then leaks out of the ice box to the floor. My husband told me that he went online and it said that i need to empty out the freg and unplug it for a day then plug it back in and it should work. Is that true? This has been going on for a few months. I have everything out but i did not unplug it yet. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. Defrosting the freezer will fix the problem. If the door was left ajar and that was the cause then the unit should return to normal and the problem will not return. If the problem returns then you have a failure of the defrost system (drain heater) and will need a tech to diagnose which part and repair. Let em know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, Sam