SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I HAVE A GE GAS STOVE, MODEL UNKNOWN....GAS LEAK INSIDE OF

I HAVE A GE GAS STOVE, MODEL UNKNOWN....GAS LEAK INSIDE OF IT.. THIS WAS TOLD TO ME BY NATIONAL GRID TECH....IS THIS A BIG THING TO REPAIR?? A VALVE PERHAPS ANS APPROX COST OF REPAIR
Hello, I can help you with this. The most common part would be a valve (50$) but it could also be a regulator (75$) or worse case the valve manifold (not even worth it). The labor on a valve should be around 100$ but the regulator would be a bit more. Of course without the model number it just a ball park price range. All of these repairs should be carried out by a tech or at least someone with a gas sniffer. We did just have a house explode here in seattle from a gas leak so it is pretty serious stuff.Let me know if you need any further assistance. This call will stay open even after you accept. Thanks, Sam
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LOOKED UP MODEL # ON THE WEB AND JUST SHOWS A VALVE, NO REGULATOR.. IS THIS POSSIBLE??
The regulator may be on the back, but all gas appliances have a pressure regulator on them somewhere. If you have the model number I can look it up also.