SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

i have a 21 y old sub zero model 561 the door edges feel warm

i have a 21 y old sub zero model 561 the door edges feel warm . also where i can get a ice maker its broken
Hello, I can help you with this. The door edges are warm due to a failed fan motor or the condenser (air filter) being clogged. You will need to remove the to grill and inspect both parts to determine which is at fault. I would recommend going to sub zero's website and entering your zip code to find a local authorized repair shop and you can purchase the ice maker from them. you can also get the fan if that is the failed part. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Thanks, Sam
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the fan works and its clean . i need find a a parts dealer so i can do it myself change ice maker )
What is your zip code and I can get that info for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my zip is 18069 ty
Mid-Atlantic Parts Dist
711 West Chester Pike,
Havertown, PA 19083
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I would also attempt to blow pc air duster compressed air through the condenser (filter) from the right. The surface may be clean but you may have debris inside clogging it. Pressure gauges on the compressor would be the true test but I'm assuming you don't have those.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dont have a gauge , i will buy a compress air gun. ty if i need help in am can i cantinue the chat ?
the call will stay open for several days and as soon as you post I will be notified.
Please remember to accept at some point or I will not be compensated for my time. let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Sam
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i will pay now if i can continue chating in am ?
It will stay open for several days regardless of if you accept or not. I'm available most of the time every day and check frequently when not online.